1754 Grizzly Tracker Jon Boat ($6,500) - Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2017, 05:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 1754 Grizzly Tracker Jon Boat

1754 Grizzly Tracker Jon Boat
Excellent Condition
$6,500

* 17 foot All Weld Aluminum Boat with spacious 54" floor width
* Tohatsu 4 stroke 20 horsepower (approx. 13 hours on motor)
* Minn Kota Traxxis 55 pound thrust with Variable Speed Upgrade
* Tracker Boat Trailer with Aluminum Fenders, Step Plates, and Long Bunk Guide Pads
* Removable Drift Master Spider Rig Rod Holders
* Removable Custom Versa Track Sliders for either Extra Rod Holders or Multi Rod Transport
* Installed Flush Mount Wired Plugs for included Bow/Stern Navigational Lights
* Comfortable Removable Padded Seat with Raised Seat Post
* New Deep Cycle Battery for Trolling Motor
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.JPG (347.0 KB, 180 views)
File Type: jpg 2.JPG (643.7 KB, 153 views)
File Type: jpg 3.JPG (496.0 KB, 139 views)
File Type: jpg 4.JPG (572.1 KB, 149 views)
File Type: jpg 5.JPG (536.6 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (87.9 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg 7.JPG (597.2 KB, 120 views)
File Type: jpg 8.JPG (819.2 KB, 132 views)
File Type: jpg 9.JPG (671.6 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg 10.JPG (572.4 KB, 123 views)

Last edited by FlyBye; 06-04-2017 at 03:52 PM.
FlyBye is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2017, 05:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

Location is N. Mississippi (Southaven/Olive Branch area)
PM me for more info - Here are a few more photos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11.JPG (420.7 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg 12.JPG (540.0 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg 13.JPG (528.3 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg 14.JPG (573.9 KB, 80 views)
Old 06-02-2017, 07:50 PM   #3 (permalink)

Default Get It Before It's Gone!

1754 Grizzly Jon Boat for Sale ($6,500)
This boat is ready to fish! This 17 foot all weld aluminum boat is ideal for just about any type of fishing. The open floor plan provides a spacious area for seats, coolers or gear while still providing a generous area to move around on the metal floor. The wide floor space and deep sides make this a safe boat for family fishing trips also.
This 17 foot boat comes equipped with a Tohatsu 4 stroke 20 horsepower motor. Right after the purchase of the motor, I was given access to several private lakes that do not allow larger motors. Therefore, the motor really did not see much use after that. In fact, the only hours on the motor is the break in time, so the motor itself is practically new with very little use.
The boat also comes with a 55 pound thrust, variable speed Minn Kota trolling motor. The variable speed trolling motors are more expensive, but they sure do earn their keep when you do not want to spook fish up close. The deep cycle battery is brand new and was purchased for this sale. A nice padded removable seat is provided that can be used either on the front or rear of the boat.
Crappie fishermen will love the four-pole spider rigging rod holders that are secured to the front deck. They can be removed while either bass fishing, traveling or when the boat is in storage. When you desire to troll, there are pole holders for each side. The custom sliders permit the rod holders to be conveniently located along the gunnels (front, back or in-between). Flush mounted bow and stern light mounts are convenient when just “one more cast” turns in to several as the sun sets in the distance (lights are included).
The trailer is a heavy-duty trailer built for the 1754 Grizzly. The metal fenders have metal steps that allow a quick and safe entry into the boat. The tires offer plenty of tread for miles of towing pleasure.
She has been a wonderful fishing rig, but I find myself fishing smaller private lakes with my kayak due to limited time and the availability of some small nearby private lakes. My loss, your gain! ($6,500)

Old 06-02-2017, 10:46 PM   #4 (permalink)

As a side note, I've never seen a trolling motor in my life that is not variable speed. Just sayin....
Old 06-03-2017, 02:33 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke68 View Post
As a side note, I've never seen a trolling motor in my life that is not variable speed. Just sayin....
"Variable Speed" refers to being able to adjust the propeller RPM at what ever speed you desire and then increase, decrease or maintain whatever desirable speed you or the wind/current demands.

Most lower end trolling motors have an adjusted speed settings. Many have 5 settings. Well, if you want to sneak up on some bass, bluegill or crappie, you would typically put the trolling motor on the lowest speed so you won't spook the fish... However, most of the lowest speeds on trolling motors are set way too high for most conditions and boats therefore the motor jumps at the set speed with the RPM immediately spinning at the set speed. No gradual increase or decrease is possible.

"Variable Speed" Trolling Motors have the advantage to spinning ever so slow to not unnecessary make a wake in the water, nor noise from the water gurgle, but most importantly not spooking the fish when up close.

Good question, hope that helps, the difference is night and day.

Last edited by FlyBye; 06-03-2017 at 02:35 PM.
Old 06-04-2017, 03:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

Default Get It Before It's Gone!

I would be willing to sell the boat, trolling motor and the crappie gear without the 20 hp Tohatsu motor if there is any interest. $5,000.
My obvious preference is to sell everything together, but I realize some individuals already have motors or may prefer a larger one even though this 20 hp will move this boat as fast as I care to go. So, $5,000 for everything except the Tohatsu 20 hp if interested or $6,500 for the complete rig. PM if interested.
Old 06-13-2017, 11:52 AM   #7 (permalink)

Default ~~~ Price Reduced ~~~

*** Price Reduced ***

$6,000 for everything except the new battery and seat. Y'all are killing me, that's $500 off! I need this boat gone since I don't use it anymore. I am exclusively using my kayak for fishing now since it is too quick and easy to fish some of these smaller private lakes around my house. Nothing is wrong with the boat, motor, trailer or any of the gear... it just needs a new home since I've started fishing out of a kayak. I believe it was a fair price at $6,500 and at $6,000 it is even sweeter! Let me know if you have any questions or just want to purchase it before your neighbor does...

$6,000 for everything except battery and seat
$5,000 for everything except the motor

Last edited by FlyBye; 06-13-2017 at 11:55 AM.
Old 06-13-2017, 01:21 PM   #8 (permalink)

what year model boat, motor, and trailer?
Old 06-13-2017, 06:26 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke68 View Post
what year model boat, motor, and trailer?
The 2010 boat and trailer was purchased new from Bass Pro Shops June 2011. The motor was purchased new in 2012.
Old 06-13-2017, 08:05 PM   #10 (permalink)

Boat is worth nowhere near $5k without the motor. Cuts value in half IMO
TC Steve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.