The Bow Shop in Gulfport going out of BUSINESS - Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2012, 04:32 AM   #1 (permalink)

Just saw in the paper today. The Bow Shop in Gulfport is having a going out of business sale.
fastarrow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2012, 05:14 AM   #2 (permalink)

That's what you get when you treat customers like they do.
Stillhuntn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2012, 05:24 AM   #3 (permalink)

That's exactly right! You reap what you sow!
southernfire97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2012, 06:04 AM   #4 (permalink)

Amen brother. And, they were high as heck. Ought t ose
jradcliff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2012, 06:20 AM   #5 (permalink)

Don't understand why folks even bother with opening a business, if they're not gonna appreciate their customers... I treat folks the way I wanna be treated!
lsujeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2012, 07:21 AM   #6 (permalink)

Been making a lot of mental notes the last few months....this is the second or third time lately bad customer service has been brought up. Please tell me what they did or didn't do.......

brianc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2012, 07:27 AM   #7 (permalink)

I had a horrible experience with the bowtech's there, they act like you have to know everything about bows before you walk in there. They got what they put in to it.
gonehuntin9981 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2012, 07:30 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianC
Been making a lot of mental notes the last few months....this is the second or third time lately bad customer service has been brought up. Please tell me what they did or didn't do.......
Brian I don't know what there downfall was, but I can tell you this. With you having a new shop in an area where one was needed, treat every customer the same, don't act like you don't have time for a customer or they are dumb for not knowing how to do it themselves, treat their equipment like it was your own, talk to your customer like a friend not a paycheck and give the customer what THEY want no matter if you like it or not. Do these things and you will not have to worry about a going out of business sell. JMO
fedguy2007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2012, 07:35 AM   #9 (permalink)

They deserved it I hated that place the service was the worst, they only helped who they wanted to help.
RAZORSHARP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2012, 07:37 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianC
I went in last fall to buy a set of new arrows. I hadn't been in the shop since they were downtown before the storm. I walked in a stood at the counter while they continued to BS never even acknowledging me. Ol' "Killer" was sitting at the counter with his feet propped up and kicked back in his chair. After some guy I've never seen before in my life starting ragging on me like I've know him for ten years Killer asked what I needed. Then I had to defend my choice to stay with aluminum arrows instead of going to carbon. Finally he has someone else help me while he kept his feet propped up and kicked back in a chair. They told me a few days for them to cut and fletch the arrows and they'd call me when they were done to pick them up. The day I was leaving to go hunting I still hadn't heard from them so I called. He did them that day and when I picked them up he said the glue may not be completely dry yet. So if it only took an hour to make them why did I have to wait nearly a week? I also got the vibe that if you're not shooting the newest most expensive stuff currently out they were going to give you a hard time no matter what. I'm just glad I didn't carry my outdated 14 year old bow in there for tuning.
Stillhuntn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.