Anybody have a source for CO-OP mud grips. - Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2011, 12:14 AM   #1 (permalink)

need two
dixiehoghunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2011, 03:09 AM   #2 (permalink)

co op
oneshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2011, 04:12 AM   #3 (permalink)

I have been looking every where to get a set for my jeep and cannot find them anywhere, I have checked every co-op around my area.
aiden_1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2011, 05:28 AM   #4 (permalink)

If you are talking about the good ole spur grip tires we used to get at the various co-ops I believe they were produced by INTERCO tire company. Those were the first mud grip I ever saw that was more aggressive than the military and Firestone directional grips. The trucks, scouts, broncos, and jeeps that had them set a whole new standard of where a 4 wheel drive could go in the swamp area I grew up hunting.

This is their truck tire page
bucmeister is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2011, 07:26 PM   #5 (permalink)

Gateway was the name of the company that made the old Co-Op Buckshots. They have been discontinued for a long time. Unless you can find a tire shop that has some hidden in the back, you're pretty much out of luck. But if you want bias ply deep groove mud tires, Interco is where it's at.
riverrunner1775 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2011, 10:02 PM   #6 (permalink)

The Super Swamper LTB and TSL ss are as close to the the old buck shot mudders as you can get, both come in the tall narrow sizes like the old ones used to
bendun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2011, 05:01 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverrunner1775
Gateway was the name of the company that made the old Co-Op Buckshots. They have been discontinued for a long time. Unless you can find a tire shop that has some hidden in the back, you're pretty much out of luck. But if you want bias ply deep groove mud tires, Interco is where it's at.
Ah-Ha! Had forgotten about Gateway.
bucmeister is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2011, 06:27 AM   #8 (permalink)

My dad works for the co-op in talahachie county and says your out of luck unless you find some old ones, they stopped makeing that tire a coupla yrs ago.
mrgoodtime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2011, 11:14 AM   #9 (permalink)

Try
Hesselbein Tire Co in Jackson, they have the buckshots, just as aggressive imo.. ok prices..
accel-k-9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2011, 04:47 PM   #10 (permalink)

I saw a guy today at the co-op that had a new set of co-op buckshots on his truck but could tell them had been sitting up. I asked him where he got them and said his friend had them in his shop sitting up so he sold them to him. Long story short he said they'd been in contact with Gateway and they say they're about to start making them again. This is just hear say so I'm not sure how much weight to put on this.
Stillhuntn is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.