Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner

CVA Elite Stalker

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Chuck Norris 
#1 ·
Anyone have any exsperience with the CVA Elite Staker. Acadamy Sports has em for 180. I saw one this weekend and it looked and felt like a decent gun. I'm thinking about adding a couple of calibers to my arsenal and they are cheaper than a new barrel for my encore. Any opinions would be welcomed.

#3 ·
Had a friend who went to Academy and they had that gun on sale for $159. They had one in 7mm/08 so he told the lady he wanted it, but during checkout he notice it had a small scratch on the end of the barrel and it was the only one they had left, so the clerk called her manager over and she told the clerk to ring it up at $139. He was very happy. He then decided to take it to the range and see what it would do. With factory ammo he's shooting an unbelievable 1/2" goups. I think he must be the luckiest man on the planet. I've checked a few times, and they haven't gotten any more of the 7mm/08's back in stock. I've read on some of the gun forums that this gun was made to get rid of an excessive inventory of barrels they had made. The fit and finish on these guns seems to be superb. If you have the money, I would get one.

#4 ·
I bought one in a 30-06 caliber for my dad for Christmas. He doesn't deer hunt much and didn't have a rifle, so I figured this would be just right for him. We've both shot it and it's a nice shooting gun and it has very little kick. The bullet is a little difficult to get out, but for the price, it can't be beat. I may look into getting one in a smaller caliber just to play around with. Sometimes Academy will have them cheaper than $180.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.