Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner

CVA ELITE STALKER IN 35 WHELEN??

12K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  tombstone 
#1 ·
I bought a CVA ELITE STALKER in 35 Whelen from Academy recently. Took it to the range and the forearm fell off after about 18 shots. The piece that holds the forearm to the barrel "slides into a groove in the barrel" and uses a set screw to hold it in.
The forearm then screws into that piece. Looks like a very poor design to me.

Also, the stock was so loose I had to quit and go home. I picked up the proper wrenchs and used some locktite to bind both the forearm and stock back in place.

I haven't shot it since but I will go out with it this weekend.

Anybody else bought this gun and having the same problem????????????????????

#2 ·
I recently ordered a CVA Scout .35 Whelen. Haven't mounted scope or shot it. Have you tried getting in touch w/ CVA about the problem. Anyone ever had any expereince with their customer service folks?

Is your gun wood/blued or ss/syn? I've got the latter, hope that sucker holds up. If not I've still got the h&r .444 in the safe. Good luck.

#3 ·
I called CVA. They said I could send them the gun and they would look at it. I was told that the gun was a special makeup for Academy Sporting Goods. I tightened all connections using locktite. Went out to the range today, after about two weeks of the locktite setting in, and the gun shot great. I will just keep a close eye on it.

The gun is a camo black/white synthetic stock. Blues barrel.

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.