Wow, Jordan River - Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2011, 02:33 AM   #1 (permalink)

Jordan River. I have been on the water all my life and thought I had seen everything. The most dangerous things I have ever seen on the water was duplicated 5 fold yesterday and all in one day.

The rudeness, unethical,dangerouse behavior on that river is subject to wonder where all the Sheriff Patrols and Game wardens are. We did see a Game warden lauch around 4PM but they need to put about 5 up there for all day on weekends.

I actually hunted a guy down in about a 24' inboard job that nearly ran us down not once but twice while we were fishing in a narrow sharp curve of the river. I can understand once as an oversight but twice? You simply cannot run 60+ in 24' boat in that river with folks swimming and fishing in the middle of the river. Unfortunatly he had docked at the park and disappeared. I would have loved to have had a conversation with him as well as a few other folks.
bender is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2011, 06:57 AM   #2 (permalink)

I hate those jerk people myself sometimes I wish I had a 30' footer to flood some of them back.
PlowHoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2011, 07:51 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlowHoss
I hate those jerk people myself sometimes I wish I had a 30' footer to flood some of them back.
I have discovered that a 1 ounce worm weight with proper placement discourages repeat offenders.

bender is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2011, 04:43 AM   #4 (permalink)

Dude i feel your pain. That once was one of my favorite places for fishing now I would rather not go fishin than to have to go there.I think the do it just to see you struggle. The river is big enough that they could get over but no they come as close as possible. I talked to the marine resouces guy one day he said the reason it is so bad is that they did not have game warden. And his jurisdiction was limited to south of the brige. Glad to hear there is a game warden now.
strutbuster_29 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2011, 06:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
MOE

The Tchoutacabouffa is getting pretty bad too, but atleast we have some enforcement. They come so close to our pier, that they hit our lines. The kids have to be careful swimming so they don't get ran over. And the river is 300' wide. My grandpa used to threaten with a shotgun, and throw bricks at people. Maybe that's what needs to be done.
MOE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.