Gulfport Lake - Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2012, 07:21 AM   #1 (permalink)

For you guys that live down in the southern part near the coast. Is Gulfport Lake more saltwater or freshwater. I wanna go bass fishing more often if it's more fresh than salt. And don't wanna be looking like an idiot trying to bass fish in saltwater.
redsman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2012, 09:47 AM   #2 (permalink)

Yea more brackish than anything.
southernfire97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2012, 11:19 AM   #3 (permalink)

Do you ever bass fish it?
Old 04-01-2012, 12:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

This has been my reason for rarely bass fishing bayous down home. Just wish there was a line that said Bass fish starting here.
schootem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2012, 04:30 PM   #5 (permalink)

Yea a sign or something would help lol. Also anyone know of any public boat ramps that are on the Biloxi River or any river near Gulfport,Biloxi area. Well only ones that I can Bass fish on. Why is it so hard to find a place to fish. All I wanna do is take my Kayak and go Bass Fishng and not have to drive up to Flint Creek or Paul Johnson.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:54 PM   #6 (permalink)

Have you thought about trying the wolf river ?
bleedblackandgold is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2012, 05:36 PM   #7 (permalink)

Biloxi or Tchoutacabouffa rivers right at or north of I-10 should be fine unless we have another 2011 summer like drought. There are plenty of little holes off of both rivers right around the interstate and further north that I've seen people fishing all of the time. My brother actually used to fish some of them.

You've got Parker's landing and there used to be a launch on the north side of the interstate on Cedar Lake Road both will put you on the Tchoutacabouffa. The one at Cedar Lake would be better for you, it's further north. There used to be a public launch under the Lorraine Road bridge over the Biloxi, it's gated off now, but not sure if the gate stays closed or not. Keep going out Lorraine road along the river heading back to Woolmarket and you'll see a guard rail along the river just past O-tang's Prop Stop (Bar) and there was a really short launch at the north end of the guard rail. Not sure if they'll mind you using this or not.
Stillhuntn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2012, 05:50 PM   #8 (permalink)

No I haven't tried the Wolf River, but you tell me where it is and a boat ramp on it and I'll try it tomorrow.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:04 PM   #9 (permalink)

Bass live in brackish water.I've caught boat loads of bass south of the interstate...
PlowHoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2012, 06:07 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsman
No I haven't tried the Wolf River, but you tell me where it is and a boat ramp on it and I'll try it tomorrow.
Just sent you a pm
bleedblackandgold is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.