Horrible weekend but I got some fish. (Long post) - Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2017, 07:02 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Horrible weekend but I got some fish. (Long post)

Friday evening I knocked off at 2:30 to go get shrimp and snacks. Then picked the wife up from her office to head out for TT. Wind had been calm all day. We put in around 3. I forgot to put the plug in the boat. Back out the boat came and plug went in. I was aggravated with my self. Then we turned out the mouth of the bayou and were met with solid 2fters white capping. So back up plan was to go after reds in protected water. Put the trolling motor down and the battery's were dead (on board charger took a ****). We drifted what little bit we could and picked up some reds and a few short trout. We were both kinda over it so we headed in.

This morning I woke up at 4am and checked the weather and it was raining where I wanted to go. Waited for the storm to pass and headed out. Got to the ramp unloading the boat alone slipped on the ramp and my rope slipped out of my hand. Boat drifting down the **** bayou. Stuck the pp down and took a nice swim at 6 am. During my swim my pp remote fell off its lanyard and into the water ($40 pissed down the drain). Once I got in the boat a massive "Davis fit" as my wife calls them was engaged. I had tied my dog up to the dock for my swim and noticed she was hanging herself as she tried to come with me. Got all that mess handled and we were finally off at 6:30.

Pulled up to my shell/grass area and put a forever more beat down on the trout with a jig. I quit counting how many but if it wasn't an obvious 15" it got threw back. Had my limit in about an hour and went to look for TT. I saw 1 goodun but could not get her to eat artificial. No pictures today I was scared to take my phone out of the dry box. I'm sure my company would love to know my brand new iPhone was laying on an oyster bed.
joshd is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2017, 07:11 PM   #2 (permalink)

Lol... You deserved to catch fish after all that! It sounds like one of my trips, but I wouldn't have caught fish!. Glad you got on them, makes you forget about the other stuff.
JimboR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2017, 08:29 PM   #3 (permalink)

i thought i was the only one with problems,try losing 3 anchors in 1 month
oyster jigger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2017, 09:02 PM   #4 (permalink)

We all have "them days" glad it worked out for you!
biglouie81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2017, 09:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
sj

Dang I would of loved a video of all that. That was a brutal start but a Boom ending. Don't know that I have ever found a fishing spot that had oysters and grass. Time for a tracker to go on your boat.

sj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2017, 06:45 AM   #6 (permalink)

I enjoyed your story. You made me laugh.
JD Jackson County is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2017, 07:58 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj View Post
Dang I would of loved a video of all that. That was a brutal start but a Boom ending. Don't know that I have ever found a fishing spot that had oysters and grass. Time for a tracker to go on your boat.
I couldn't believe I found it when I did. Oyster bed on the east and grass on the west side. Right where they mix as been crazy good fishing the last 3 weeks.
joshd is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2017, 08:15 AM   #8 (permalink)

lol...we have all had mornings like that....SJ was impressed about your oyster/grass spot.....Not me...I'm impressed that you are launching somewhere on a weekend morning and NO ONE was there to get your boat..you had to swim for it???? Must be a secret ramp?? You have a good spot.
carnivore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2017, 08:33 AM   #9 (permalink)

haha you truly earned those fish.
htieknosaj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2017, 08:35 AM   #10 (permalink)

Based on my own personal experiences, I'm convinced at this point sometimes you just have to pay your dues to the water before she'll let you catch any fish, and everybody's dues come around at some point ha. Glad you were able to make em pay
TameWolf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.