Deer movement? - Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2010, 07:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Anybody having any luck around ripley and holly springs area?.. we killed 5 does last weekend but this past week/weekend they seemed to shut down on us, last year around this time we killed two 140-150 class bucks chasing and seen tons of does... were not seein jack right now.. hardly any scrapes maybe a couple and rubs.. is rut kickin in later around this area or is it the weather being cold at night and warm during the day causing nocturnal movement?? any answers out there ? thanks!!
eagleeayes18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2010, 07:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

also even are taxidermist "jeff king" said its been slow.. seems like all the deer action is at night right now
Old 12-07-2010, 06:10 AM   #3 (permalink)

I'm not in your area but this past weekend I saw one deer. I've got scrapes all over the place. I've also only had one daylight pic in the last two weeks.
Chuck Norris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2010, 06:49 AM   #4 (permalink)

I am in Marshall county and they have my place torn up with rubs and scrapes and the bucks are cruising big time. I checked 2 of my cameras this past weekend and had tons of daytime buck pics. We hunted Saturday and saw a good many deer and my buddy shot a nice 10 point that would probably score around 130 to 140 with his bow Saturday morning he was following a group of does. This week and next week should be on for North MS.
byhunting is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2010, 07:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator

On my way to work this morning, there were deer in every field, nook and cranny. All the way from my house in the country, through town (Oxford) and out to the other side. If you're around Oxpatch, you need to be in the woods right now. Bet I saw 30-40 deer.
taproot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2010, 08:20 AM   #6 (permalink)

I hunt near Holly Springs and we aren't seeing much either...finding a good many scrapes & rubs but they aren't moving..at least early morning. I'm thinking about doing some mid morning afternoon hunts soon. Our trail cams are showing movement between 9am-12pm and after 6pm
gpm1182000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2010, 08:40 AM   #7 (permalink)

I'm in Calhoun an its not much going on here
goodson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2010, 01:28 PM   #8 (permalink)

I hunted hard Friday through Monday and only saw two deer and one coyote. Makes you want to sell your stuff when that happens.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2010, 04:20 PM   #9 (permalink)

Thanks fellas !! i better get in the woods soon as possible, these past few days seemed pretty good with frost on the ground and still winds.. hopefully we will start seeing them
Old 12-07-2010, 05:09 PM   #10 (permalink)

Ive been hunting Scott County and never seen it so slow this time of year, especially with the cold weather. I been trying to kill a doe for 4 days and can't get that done. Got a family member who has only seen 1 doe in a food plot where he normally sees 5 or 6 a day along with a couple of bucks. Kinda strange I cant figure it out, moon is fine, weather is good, seems like we should be seeing some deer.
RiverRampage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.