Magnum Hunting Club in Yalobusha County - Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2011, 02:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Anyone have the scoop on this club? They seemed to have a good bit of land. Wonder if they kill any decent bucks?
OleMiss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2011, 02:53 PM   #2 (permalink)

I know two people in it they still hunt so they found a place that the dogs don't go threw most of the time. They got a lot of land and with their location they should have some good deer. I know he said shooting a coyote or a fox was a big nono.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:23 PM   #3 (permalink)

I know a guy in it and they run dogs alot but kill some decent deer...as for the fox and coyotes- That is a BIG NO-NO...
scott d is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2011, 03:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

That's why I couldn't hunt there I kill coyote or fox I see.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

They are on 3 sides of a club i was in at choctaw landing, and run dogs all season, and the do get upset when we shoot fox and coyotes, the club i was in only had about 200 hundred acers and they had dogs on us daily.
mrgoodtime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2011, 04:06 PM   #6 (permalink)

Good friend of mine in it, good luck gettin in... Apparently a long waiting list.
theheadcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2011, 05:04 PM   #7 (permalink)

I was in it for about 2 weeks about 10 years ago, and then they mailed me my check back with no note or explanation. I went to school with the president at the time who got me in and I haven't seen him since that happened. I was just needing a place to hunt at the time. I didn't even follow up on it.
Gar hole is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2011, 06:00 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gar Hole
I was in it for about 2 weeks about 10 years ago, and then they mailed me my check back with no note or explanation. I went to school with the president at the time who got me in and I haven't seen him since that happened. I was just needing a place to hunt at the time. I didn't even follow up on it.
You didnt shoot a fox or yote did you ?
rkimbre is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2011, 08:17 PM   #9 (permalink)

I would not make it very long there . Love to pop a yote for sure .
EAGLE 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2011, 09:49 PM   #10 (permalink)

I would like to join just for the bow hunting and also to take my son to experience the thrill of a dog hunt....I grew up hunting from Gums Crossing to Gore Springs and loved it...I still hunted and dog hunted and enjoyed both. I have my own lease in Clay county that I do my serious hunting on but my son had a tuff year this year and I wanted to make an adjustment cause I took him dog hunting one time about 3 years ago with some friends and he's been talking about that every since. I probably wouldnt get a chance to hunt it but a handful of times but if Alex has fun its worth it to me!!!
OleMiss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.