Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner

White Oaks

2K views 12 replies 13 participants last post by  onestar 
#1 ·
Looks like a bumper crop once they start falling!

#8 ·
post oaks red oaks water oaks and a couple overcups are starting to drop around here. white oaks are still green. sawtooths are close to finished. persimmons are in the middle of the drop with a couple being pretty much finished. crabapples are gone. still a few pears left but i figure they'll be gone by opening day. thats just what i noticed this past weekend.

#12 · (Edited)
White Oaks, Water Oaks, Southern Reds, Swamp Chestnut, Nuttall, Overcups, and Sawtooth. Just about every tree is loaded at my camp (Yazoo county). I was pretty excited until I noticed almost EVERY tree was loaded. I think the food plot sightings are going to be way down this year.

Only ones that were really falling Saturday were some nuttalls, and they seemed to be stress dropping (green acorns). Even the Sawtooths are much slower than normal in curing.

#13 ·
Good many white oaks and post oaks in my area, actually huge crop of these, but acorns are small due to drought. Checked some Nuttals in Delta yesterday and they were barren, but they usually are in those woods. Water and willow oaks were loaded. Lots of red oaks dropping prematurely with caps on. Cut some open and there were tiny immature acorns in them. Drought is definitely affecting them at this point.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.