record rack deer feed - Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2010, 04:02 PM   #1 (permalink)

Anyone have any experience with this stuff, I built a feeder and wanting to put some out to help my herd out.
aiden_1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2010, 05:35 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiden_1
Anyone have any experience with this stuff, I built a feeder and wanting to put some out to help my herd out.
Yea, if they don't eat it all and moisture gets to it, the area immediately around it will be bug infested and smell like death. I think they make some sort of waterproof version now.
mts68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2010, 10:27 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
My unqualified opinion, the stuff works. That being said, you will have to put it out in multiple sites, allow deer to reach 4.5-5.5yo, and
feed them it in great quantities for a few years. Doing it the right way cost a PILE of money. If you have the money, not my business, and
are willing to put the time in, you will see improvements.
Ryan T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2010, 04:46 AM   #4 (permalink)

I put the stuff out regiously a few yrs ago. Mixed it with corn to start out. Had a beautiful 8 point, probally 2.5 yrs old coming to the feeders. Thinking this will be a great deer in 2-3 yrs. My neighbor shot it opening week of bow season. Told me probally should not have shot him because it was so young, but it's hard to pass on an 8 point. Have not bought any feed for deer since then.
longbow55 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2010, 07:29 AM   #5 (permalink)

Me and four other guys have some land leased and buying it wont be a problem, just dont want to buy it then them not eat it, or it be like every other so called miracle feed and it not do a thing for the deer.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:13 AM   #6 (permalink)

We use golden deer nuggets by record rack. They are blue berry flavored and the deer eat em up. Lots of goodies in them for the health of the herd.
TREECLIMBER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2010, 11:04 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Me and four other guys have some land leased and buying it wont be a problem, just dont want to buy it then them not eat it, or it be like every other so called miracle feed and it not do a thing for the deer.
It will be money well spent. A very high percentage of DIGESTABLE protein in it. Most advertisements of 30-40% protein is garbage. That stuff you are talking about shows 20% and the majority is digestable. The protein will also help the does immediately in their lactation, and in turn help give the fawns a boost. Quality protein pellets are no joke. They will work, but you cannot shoot them too young and you must give it time to work. I would not expect any noticeable changes in 2 years. Within the 3rd year, there will be noticeable changes. That is, if you feed it to them during the key months, and pour it to em. If you can do it and have quality neighbors, I would suggest it.
Ryan T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2010, 12:00 PM   #8 (permalink)

I have 150 acres with one portion bordered by a wma, and its only about 300 acres and isnt much deer hunting just mostly rabbit hunting. The other is all bordered by family land that just me and one other member can hunt and we are very picky about what we shoot and we show no mercy on anyone hunting on us so we mainly have the whole portion of the wma and all the family land to ourselves.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:32 AM   #9 (permalink)

We have been feeding it for years, and are feeding it now. They make different protein levels. The deer love it all. Never had any to spoil because the deer ear it up. Gibow put me on Land Of Lakes Dairy pellets, they love them too.
Gttrambler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2010, 10:30 AM   #10 (permalink)

I bought two bags of Milk Maker Plus at the co-op the other day. Guy at the co-op said it the exact same thing as record rack without the name. Compared the bags and there is no difference. Will see this weekend how the deer eat it. Its just a Cattle feed.
roll_tide is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.