Mississippi Catfish Trail Tournament - Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2017, 08:07 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Mississippi Catfish Trail Tournament

We are having a Rod and Reel Catfishing tournament at Vicksburg on the 24th of Jun. This is a 100% pay out tournament. 50% to first place, 30% for second and 20% for third. We have a page on Facebook called Mississippi Catfish Trail.

$80 entry fee per boat and $20 Big fish pot is optional
Rod and Reel ONLY.
June 24, 2017 Live well checks start at 5 AM. Boaters can start fishing at 6 AM. Scales open at 3PM and Close at 4PM.
Launch from Vicksburg City Front Boat Ramp no trailering
Guidelines/Rules-
1-3 people per boat. 3rd person must be under 15 or over 55.
Life vest must be worn at take off.
A maximum of 5 fish per boat will be weighed in with 2 fish over 34 inches or over being allowed.
Only 8 rods will be allowed in the water at any given time.
No catfish can be taken from jugs, trotlines, limb lines, ect. Rod and reel only.
No snagging. No foul hooked fish will be accepted.
No chumming or fishing intentionally baited holes.
All tournament boats must maintain a distance of 50 yards between each other while anchored and 50 feet while drifting. This includes all boats No buddy fishing.
No fishing outside of the boat.
No Alcoholic beverages allowed during tournament hours.
All boats must be at Vicksburg City Front Boat Ramp by 4 PM there will be no exceptions to this rule.
There may not be any extra fish in live-well.
If there are more than 5 fish at the weigh in this will result in disqualification.
No dead fish will be allowed at weigh in.
No culling of fish at weigh in.
We ask that all fish that weigh over 15 pounds be released back to preserve trophy fish.
All Tournament boundaries will be identified by the Tournament Director.
liv2hunt75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2017, 10:26 AM   #2 (permalink)

im interested
K.D.D.O.Outdoors is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2017, 11:49 AM   #3 (permalink)

I would advise these guys not to get within 50yds and especially not 50ft. of none tournament fishing boats also. I will be spinning reel fishing June 24th, and I will be in my most favorite hole at 5am and will not be crowded out because of a fishing tournament on public waters. Not fishing the tournament, just me and the wife enjoying the Big Muddy like we do every weekend.
Governor11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2017, 01:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Governor11 View Post
I would advise these guys not to get within 50yds and especially not 50ft. of none tournament fishing boats also. I will be spinning reel fishing June 24th, and I will be in my most favorite hole at 5am and will not be crowded out because of a fishing tournament on public waters. Not fishing the tournament, just me and the wife enjoying the Big Muddy like we do every weekend.
well alright then...
Old 06-06-2017, 11:29 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Governor11 View Post
ohhh so you own a certain spot and do not allow anyone to fish it??
joshua99ta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2017, 08:33 AM   #6 (permalink)

I don't think that's what he was implying. I took it that he meant if that's a good enough rule between tournament boats that they should observe it with recreational boats as well. It seems like the rule has that covered the way I read it though.

Last edited by Jbird22; 06-07-2017 at 08:35 AM.
Jbird22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2017, 10:39 AM   #7 (permalink)

the better way to deal with that situation is to deal with it at the instance it happens bc, more than likely, the majority of the people who you're going to see on the water are not going to read this post. you're just making yourself look like a game hog. you said you fish every weekend so would it be so bad to lay off one weekend and maybe take the ole lady out to lunch?....
Old 06-07-2017, 04:26 PM   #8 (permalink)

Governor 11 give me your coordinates of where you are going to be and I can tell everyone at the captains meeting.
liv2hunt75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2017, 04:48 PM   #9 (permalink)

Better yet, let me follow you out there, and I will help you block access to that spot!
Clifford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2017, 08:11 PM   #10 (permalink)

sounded to me like he owns it and threatening to swell somebodies eye shut if they fish it.

im just wondering where this spot is.

Governor what kind of boat do you have?
joshua99ta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in