|03-11-2010, 07:45 AM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Feb 2010
When we began the new forum we were pushed for time and "borrowed" the old rules from the old site...we realized some rules would not work on a private owned forum...after a couple of weeks of learning this forum the Moderators and Administration...reviewed and rewrote the rules. We think this clarifies some questions and will be better for the forum in the long haul.
The Moderators and Adminstrators would like to thank each of you in your participation in the new site.
Forum Rules & Policies
If you agree to the terms and conditions stated below, press the "Agree" button. Otherwise, press "Cancel".
In order to use these forums, users are required to provide a username, password and e-mail address. Neither the Administrators of these forums, or the Moderators participating, are responsible for the privacy practices of any user. Remember that all information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to share any of your personal information. Any user who finds material posted by another user objectionable is encouraged to contact us via e-mail. We are authorized by you to remove or modify any data submitted by you to these forums for any reason we feel constitutes a violation of our policies, whether stated, implied or not.
This site may contain links to other web sites and files. We have no control over the content and can not ensure it will not be offensive or objectionable. We will, however, remove links to material that we feel is inappropriate as we become aware of them.
These forums give users two options for changing and modifying information that they provide in their profile:
Users can login with their username and password to change any information in their profile.
In case of lost password, users can send an e-mail to [email protected]
Cookies must be turned on in your browser to participate as a user in these forums. Cookies are used here to hold your username and password and viewing options, allowing you to login.
By pressing the "Agree" button, you agree to the following rules:
1. Members must be 18 years or older or have the express consent of a parent or legal guardian.
2. Members must register with a permanent email registered in their name that is accessed on a regular basis. Failure to respond to communications from forum staff addressed to registered email address may result in suspension of forum privileges or account deactivation.
3. All required information provided at registration must be correct. No user may operate under a false alias.
4. Only one account per user is allowed.
5. No user may pose or masquerade as any other member, famous person, animal, or creature, whether real or fictitious.
6. Users may only join this forum for the purpose of discussing fishing and hunting while interacting with fellow outdoor enthusiasts.
7. No SPAMMERS
8. No agents, activists, supporters, or sympathizers of any organization, association, or group whom stated mission or professed beliefs are detrimental or obstructive to hunting or fishing allowed.
Interaction with Forum Staff
1. Members may ask Forum Staff questions regarding the use of this forum deemed to be of interest or help to other forum members or offer constructive suggestions in the general discussion board called the, ?Bull Pit?.
2. All complaints or questions regarding actions taken by Forum Staff can be addressed in a respectful manner to any individual Staff Member by PM/ or email or to the entire Staff by writing to [email protected]
3. The directing of profanity, abuse, mockery, criticism, insinuations, badgering, or threats towards Forum Staff will not be tolerated and will result in the immediate suspension of forum privileges or account deactivation.
1. New threads shall be posted in the forum board that best suits the topic of the thread.
2. Thread topics will accurately depict the subject of the thread.
3. Threads will not be created for the purpose of initiating member contact, condemning a member?s previous posts or photographs, or replacing a thread topic previously locked or deleted by Forum Staff.
4. Threads will not be created that create, induce, or invite unnecessary strife, discontent, and/or discord within the Forum. This does not preclude the creation of threads to discuss and/or debate current issues regarding hunting and fishing.
5. Threads must remain on topic.
6. Threads must not duplicate other active threads within the forum.
1. Profanity will not be tolerated.(Either Spelled, mispelled or insinuated) This does not preclude the use of words within a title or quotes of a book, television show, or movie in some cases. Examples would be, ?The Book of the Damned? or the song ?****?s Bells?. This exception will not include titles that may be associated with pornographic material or other materials unsuitable for this forum and is not an invitation to use titles or famous quotes as profanity within posts. This means that a response to a post such as, ?Frankly my dear, I don?t give a ****!? or an exclamation like, ?****?s Bells? are not appropriate uses of an exception as well as titles or quotes containing stronger language.
2. The rule addressing language applies to photographs & sites that members post links to as well. Member?s posting links to other sites are responsible for ensuring the acceptability of that site within the framework of the forum?s rules.
1. Members shall not author vulgar, profane, harassing, hateful, racist, intolerant, invasive, threatening, or sexually oriented posts.
2. Personal attacks and antagonistic or accusatory posts are prohibited.
3. All hunting and fishing content will be restricted to depicting the legal preparation, equipment, methodology, harvest, and bounty associated with these sports tempered with sound conservation practices.
4. Posts that reflect negatively on the sport of hunting or fishing are prohibited. This includes all posts that discuss or depict the wanton destruction of life outside the normal activities associated with hunting, fishing, and sound conservation practices. This does not preclude the discussion and depiction of the trapping of or removal of animals legally classified as nuisance or pests.
5. Posts that depict the occurrence of, the intent to commit, the promotion of or insinuation of, or the admittance of unlawful conduct are prohibited.
6. Private messages (PM) are to kept private, posting private messages on the open forum will result in termination of of your account.
Links & Website Addresses
1. No SPAMMING
2. Websites provided links or web addresses within this forum must be the website described within the link or post.
3. Websites must be pertinent to the topic at hand.
4. Website must allow user to return to Forum via back browser.
5. Website must meet this Forum?s rules on language, content, and photographs.
6. Website may not contain malicious software or script writing.
7. The member posting the link or web address to the website is responsible for ensuring the Forum?s Guidelines on Links & Website Addresses are met.
Photographs & Video
1. Photographs and video footage are equally subject to the following rules and will be referred to as media henceforth.
2. Members must have explicit or implied consent of the owner or subject of media not considered already within the public domain.
3. Photos that are excessively graphic or depict the disrespectful treatment of wildlife are prohibited.
4. Media must be of a size that precludes the need for horizontal scrolling.
5. Do not hotlink media from sites that have not expressly consented to the hosted material?s use.
6. Media posted must remain on topic and adhere to all other sections of the Forum?s Rules & Guidelines.
Special Addendum to Photographs & Video
1. Media posted as being within the state of Mississippi depicting any supplemental feed on the ground must also show either:
A) The broadcast feeder that dispersed the feed and the feed can not appear to exceed the legal rate of dispersal and be approved feed for the time of year depicted.
B) The structure or structures within the media that identify the material as having been taken within the curtilage of a home or residence.
C) A depiction of a readable copy of the camera survey permit for dates matching that of the photograph.
2. Media depicting any unapproved supplemental feed must include the structure or structures within the materials that identify it as having been taken within the curtilage of a home or residence.
3. Media depicting feed may not also depict hunting equipment such as archery equipment, firearms, or hunting stands or blinds.
4. Media posted may not depict any conduct unlawful for that area in which it was taken.
5. Media depicting the recognizable features of individuals appearing to be engaged in or having been accused of engaging in unlawful conduct are prohibited.
1. All Announcements or Classified Ads will be posted only within the Announcements & Classifieds Board.
2. This board is for the use of Forum Members and is restricted to items or property directly related to hunting or fishing.
3. NO SPAMMING
4. All additional rules and guidelines for posting announcements and classified ads are featured in a sticky within the aforementioned board and will be adhered to.
Hot Topics & General Discussion
1. Subjects concerning personal choices, religious differences, and social or political issues are not appropriate fare for this forum.
2. Debated subjects concerning hunting and fishing are allowed within a framework of civil and respectful discussion.
3. Subjects not pertaining to any category of hunting or fishing should go in the general discussion board called the ?Bull Pit?.
4. Jokes meeting the appropriate criteria for posting on this forum will be posted on the ?Jokes? forum board.
1. This forum is privately owned. Forum owner reserves the final authority on all policies & decisions.
2. Forum is staffed by volunteers. Selection criteria and/or methods is the prerogative of the forum owner.
3. Admin reserves the right to moderate the conduct and materials of all activity within this forum. Any post deemed unsuitable or in violations of the rules or guidelines can be modified, locked, or deleted at the Moderator?s discretion.
4. Authors of posts deemed unsuitable or in violation of the rules will be held accountable by Admin.
5. Transgressions severe in nature or accumulated can result in action being taken by Admin to administer warnings, restrict forum privileges, or account deactivation.
6. In most cases, a warning from a Moderator will be given for violations of policies. If any member receives 2 warnings within any 1 year period the third violation will result in the user being banned from the forum. If your email address for the forums is invalid your account will be immediately locked.
7. An Lock-Out Review Request can be made by emailing Admin at [email protected]
8. Rules will be added or amended as needed.
...Old Timers Gobbler Club...
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Well, Bull is dead...( updated w/ pics n story)updated w/ weight lol...||mhallman||Mississippi Deer Hunting||34||01-09-2014 03:38 AM|
|Rules are Rules||thegroundskeeper||Deer Competitions||1||12-21-2011 05:03 AM|