Muck or LaCrosse? - Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2020, 11:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Muck or LaCrosse?

I have been wearing a pair of Muck Woody Max boots for the last several years. They are on their last leg and I was wondering what everyone prefers. I have looked at the LaCrosse Aeroheadís. Mainly concerned with warmth and comfort while walking in. What say ye? Fit? Comfort? Warmth? Longevity? Cost?
BTW I have been satisfied with my Muckís but if there is something better Iím all ears.
Mr Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2020, 08:44 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Drysdale View Post
I have been wearing a pair of Muck Woody Max boots for the last several years. They are on their last leg and I was wondering what everyone prefers. I have looked at the LaCrosse Aeroheadís. Mainly concerned with warmth and comfort while walking in. What say ye? Fit? Comfort? Warmth? Longevity? Cost?
BTW I have been satisfied with my Muckís but if there is something better Iím all ears.
My dad gets cold real easy and he loves his Aeroheads. Now heís in his 70ís and doesnít walk very far but he hasnít complained about how they wear. I think he paid around $120 for his. Heís only had them for a year but they are still in great shape.
mossyman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2020, 04:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Drysdale View Post
Muck x 10.

Something unfortunate has occurred with Lacrosse boots, IMO. (and there seems to be plenty of others saying it, too).

Back in the '90s I had some Lacrosse Burlys, and they were great- comfy, warm enough, and they lasted a long time. But the last pair I bought only lasted two full seasons before they started to dry rot. I did get a 3rd season out of them, but not without some wet, cold feet a few times. Now, granted, Im very HARD on boots. I hunt public land and walk a long way through really tough terrain. But I didn't "wear out" these boots. They simply started to rot.

Between those two pair, I bought a pair of Mucks, and they were very good. They did eventually spring a leak around the inside of the right sole, but the rubber held up well, and I got at least 5 seasons of HEAVY use from them.

I've read that if you "baby" your Lacrosse - wash and dry them and apply some rubber conditioner to them - they will last pretty well. Maybe so, but I'm not going to do that. I'm going to treat rubber boots like red-headed step children and buy the ones that last the longest.
jakesnake66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2020, 04:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

Lacrosse Grange for turkeys. Muck for staying warm and dry.

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
Smoke68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2020, 01:33 AM   #5 (permalink)

Default Boots

Muck Woody Max in the cold for me. Lacrosse Alpha Burlys for wet, milder days.
Outrider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2020, 08:37 PM   #6 (permalink)

If you want cold the Muck Arctic Sports are had to beat. Had those in the oil patch in CO, worked nights in -20 to -30 with those while wearing the thickest Smartwool socks I could get (think it's the trekking socks) and was fine. Only thing warmer was Baffins which are overkill down here.
malfrun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2020, 09:58 AM   #7 (permalink)

I have Woody Maxx for 40 and below. Lacrosse for bow and early gun season, they are so much lighter and comfortable
stork is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2020, 04:27 AM   #8 (permalink)

Irish setters has had my vote. The comfort wise is the best.
bar5721 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in