What cheap game camera? - Page 2 - Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2020, 10:58 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by randywallace View Post
Yep. If you upgrade the firmware on the cam and change the transfer off of instant it will stretch that pic count.

I want instant transfer, so I am using external batteries with solar pack along with AAs inside for backup. I haven't checked the pack since install yet, but I have over 2500 pics. Plan to slap the multimeter on the external pack this weekend and see where the voltage is sitting. I don't have much faith in the little 2w solar panels on the HME packages.

Agreed. For a non-cellular game cam, you cant beat those little cams. Excellent battery life and they take pretty good pics for a $30 wal-mart purchase. The only downside for me is they don't have a battery meter or pic count. Of course, as cheap as they are I just bought several cameras along with spare SD cards. Every 4 or 5 times I swap the cards, I swap batteries too.

Update me when you check and see how itís holding up. If I canít get better battery life, Iíll be back to only running blackhawks for cell cams.
olemossyhorns is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2020, 08:40 PM   #12 (permalink)

30 dollar muddys from academy are hard to beat for cheapos
gone 2 camp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2020, 08:13 AM   #13 (permalink)

I run the cheap Tascos, Wildgames and Primos (all less than $30 each), out of over a dozen, only had on fail. Amazon brand batteries will last 9 months and take 8,000+ pics. On my 4th year of the Wildgames.
viverlibre is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in