Night Vision Scopes - Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2016, 07:34 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Night Vision Scopes

I trying to set up a rifle for hog hunting at night and was wondering if there is such a thing as a good gen1 scope that is usable. Last year I used solar power motion detected LED lights from Amazon and they work Pretty good until the leaves started returning then I couldn't get enough sun light to keep them charged.I know the gen1 stuff isn't the best but I'm not going spend the kind of money they want for the other stuff
hbankst is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2016, 09:57 AM   #2 (permalink)

I can't help with the Gen 1 question, but some folks might be interested in checking out the Pulsar Digisight. It is more expensive than Gen 1 but less than some of the more expensive options. It works sort of like a infrared trail camera. It uses infrared illumination rather than being like the military Gen 1, 2 and 3 that relies on available light to magnify. Works really good at a feeder where you have a infrared trail camera set on video mode. You can sit a long way back and use the infrared illumination from the camera when it kicks on to film.
treefarmer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2016, 05:45 PM   #3 (permalink)

Anybody tried the ATN X-sight?
STELLIX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2016, 01:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for the reply's
hbankst is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2016, 08:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

^^ talk to Trudy blue over on MOF. She knows a guy in Byram that has a bunch of NV stuff. I think its mostly thermal but has some NV too. Also scott Womack has a good bit of experience with NV.

I've only got to play with one NV. It was an old ATN, but the illuminator wasn't working very good if at all. It sucked big time. I'm not sure which one it was. I wouldn't have have paid $50 for it, best thing to do with it would have been tape a dollar to it and throw it over a bridge.
joshua99ta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2020, 09:27 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbankst View Post
I trying to set up a rifle for hog hunting at night and was wondering if there is such a thing as a good gen1 NV monoculars scope that is usable. Last year I used solar power motion detected LED lights from Amazon and they work Pretty good until the leaves started returning then I couldn't get enough sun light to keep them charged.I know the gen1 stuff isn't the best but I'm not going spend the kind of money they want for the other stuff
If you just want a cheap thing, VIVREAL Monocular Telescope and Xgen 2.1x might be suitable. The price of VIVREAL is $ 30, and Xgen 2.1x is $ 120. In terms of cost performance, I would recommend Xgen 2.1x. Its viewing area is smaller, it is recommended to hold it sideways to get a wider field of view, so that you can get a larger viewing area.

Last edited by bribrielle; 03-24-2020 at 09:37 PM.
bribrielle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2020, 08:08 PM   #7 (permalink)

So what kind of price range are you looking at? The Sightmark WRAITH HD is a highly rated digital NV, sells for $500, comes with a good illuminator that runs on CR123A batteries.
I ran that illuminator for a while but opted to get a Nightfox XB5 unit off of Amazon that runs a 18650 Lithium Ion battery that works well.
Jason Robertson over at Outdoor Legacy Gear dot com reportedly has the WRAITH in stock
He also carries the new Pulsar DIGEX unit which is in the $1200 range.

Short clip of the first hog I recorded shooting with the WRAITH, which was and still is my biggest. Using using the factory illuminator. He caused me to order a larger scale set.
Sorry about the bouncing around, I was excited. Was at 104 yds.

Last edited by bucmeister; 06-25-2020 at 08:29 PM.
bucmeister is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in