Judge Kidd entered an injunction today on HB2 - Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2013, 12:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

http://randywallace.wordpress.com/20...nction-on-hb2/

This case will be headed to the MSSC faster than you can blink.
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2013, 01:06 PM   #2 (permalink)

Judge kidd can kiss my 1 brown eye, hope they hang him out to dry!!!!!
mrgoodtime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2013, 01:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

I'm sure they will.
gone 2 camp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2013, 02:25 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by randywallace
http://randywallace.wordpress.com/2013/07/12/circuit-judge-winston-kidd-enters-injunction-on-hb2/

This case will be headed to the MSSC faster than you can blink.
Randy what is your personal opinion on the interpretation? At first I was 100% for it but after seeing how it has already affected the carrying of concealed weapons in several of the restaurants and gas stations around my hometown, I'm not so sure anymore. I mean before all this hoopla was started about it anyone with a conceal carry could walk in any cafe, gas station, or most anywhere down here and not hear a word of opposition. Since it's hit the papers, internet, and word of mouth, signs have popped up everwhere saying, "NO GUNS ALLOWED". Without "enhanced" the conceal carry folks are now screwed in the posted areas.
dublelung is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2013, 03:51 PM   #5 (permalink)

I'd say that most of these shop owners are responding to pressure applied by customers. That can work both ways
Old 07-12-2013, 04:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dublelung
Randy what is your personal opinion on the interpretation?..............Without "enhanced" the conceal carry folks are now screwed in the posted areas.
I don't agree HB2 is unconstitutionally vague.

No permit enhanced or otherwise short of a badge allows a person to carry on property that is clearly posted no guns. We have a right to bear arms but we don't have a right to do so on property where the owner doesn't want us. Even the Heller case references traditional limits on where guns could be taken.
Old 07-12-2013, 05:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Unfortunately, everything's going as I predicted. Sucks, but it is what it is. Should've left well enough alone.
taproot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2013, 01:55 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by randywallace
I don't agree HB2 is unconstitutionally vague.

No permit enhanced or otherwise short of a badge allows a person to carry on property that is clearly posted no guns. We have a right to bear arms but we don't have a right to do so on property where the owner doesn't want us. Even the Heller case references traditional limits on where guns could be taken.
If you have an enhanced permit then the signs don't stop you from carrying a concealed weapon onto the property. If the property owner SEES that your carrying a concealed weapon they can ASK you to leave the property. Even if you didn't then leave (not reccomended) the property you could only be arrested for tresspassing, nothing more. If another individual did the same without a enhanced permit other charges would be filed. Rick Ward taught our class and that exact question (If signs were posted)was asked and this was his answer.
cmyers3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2013, 04:59 AM   #9 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyers3
If you have an enhanced permit then the signs don't stop you from carrying a concealed weapon onto the property. If the property owner SEES that your carrying a concealed weapon they can ASK you to leave the property. Even if you didn't then leave (not reccomended) the property you could only be arrested for tresspassing, nothing more. If another individual did the same without a enhanced permit other charges would be filed. Rick Ward taught our class and that exact question (If signs were posted)was asked and this was his answer.
In my opinion, his opinion is wrong. That doesnt make either of us right at this point but here is why I think he is wrong. The sign at the door clearly spells out the permission to be on the property. If a person goes on property without permission that is trespassing. People keep brushing trespassing aside saying things like "all you could be charged with is trespassing" like it will just be a non event or a $25 ticket or something. There are stiff penalties for trespassing. Are they often handed out? No. Could a gun owner get in front of a prosecutor that wanted to make an example out of him? No doubt. The plaintiffs in this case are law enforcement officers and the DA of Hinds County. How much slack you reckon they would give a gun owner charged with trespassing where a sign clearly said " guns are prohibited. Trespassers will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law"?
Old 07-13-2013, 05:28 AM   #10 (permalink)

If u are properly carrying a concealed weapon then no 1 should know it. Except in the case where u had to legally use it, at which time the store owner should be grateful. Get your enhancement sticker, keep your concealed weapon concealed. If u get caught and are asked to leave then do so, just like u should for any other reason they ask.
krj10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in