Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner

Western Kentucky Public Land

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Rancher 
#1 ·
Has anyone bow hunted western Kentucky in early season? I’m pondering the idea of heading out there this coming season. I’d probably be setting up a tent and staying roughly a week. Any info is welcome. Thanks!

#4 ·
I hunted West Kentucky WMA a few years ago. Went the first week of the season which opens in early September. Had originally planned to hunt the LBL but their season doesn’t open until the end of September and I had surgery planned at that time. The WMA is fairly small with a lot of agricultural fields. We saw a few deer but I think it would have been better a little later in the season when the acorns and persimmons started to drop. I do wanna plan another hunt up there sometime, though.

#7 ·
I have been early season and go during mid November as well. We go to LBL during mid November and go to smaller wma for early season. Killed a doe on this September.

#8 ·
Good deal. I had to cancel my Kentucky trip this year due to wife spraining her ankle pretty bad. I'm looking forward to making the trip next year.

LBL kinda intimidates me cause of its size. I may look into a wma in the western part of the state.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.