Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner

I bought a Goggle Eye Pond

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Jbird22 
#1 ·
Wife and I bought some ;land up between Phili and Carthage. It's got about an Acre and a 1/4 pond on it. Beautiful pond, had a peir on it and the waters 3-5 foot deep in around 1/2 of it. The6y say it's about 8 foot out in the middle. There's also a good bit of foot or so water in the upper end. We went for our first trip this [ast weekend and all I could catch were Goggle eyes. Small ones and some hand sized ones. Not a single bass or blue gill was caught. Crickets, worms, beatle spins and flyrod and all we caught were Goggle eyes. At a lost on what to do. I would like it a touch deeper in spots and want bass and bream in it. Do I need to get rid of the Goggle eyes first? [confused][confused][confused][confused][confused][confused][confused]

#4 ·
Get a big cooler and use a couple battery powered bait bubblers as aerators. Catch 40 or 50 half pound or better bass and transport them in your homemade livewell. They will hammer those goggle eyes. We did it at the pond behind our camp and the bream went from bait to fillet size in about a year. The bass fattened up nicely as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.