put it on em yesterday - Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2020, 09:08 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default put it on em yesterday

I got bored with deer hunting and hooked up the boat yesterday. Got to our lake and talked with an old friend for a while and put the boat in. Water was 54 degrees so I went to deeper water and rigged up a swimbait on a underspin. I started catching 2-1/2 to 3 # bass every 5 or 6 cast. I have never found them stacked in a area like this. I caught over 20 and anchored it with 2 at 4# and a solid 5#to finish it up. I had a blast catching this many fish of this quality in 2 hours and a few minutes. Going back a couple times this week with my Dad and see if we can get on a few.
ji63 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2020, 04:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

Good on ya. Color plastic? Slow rolling deep or up faster?
GitBit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2020, 08:02 PM   #3 (permalink)

Strike king underspin with a zoom swimming super fluke. Shad colored and slow rolling. I figure it was running 6 or 7 feet deep in 11 feet of water. They all bit it pretty good except the 5# and I felt the blade stop turning on him.

Old 12-10-2020, 05:04 PM   #4 (permalink)

I went back to the lake today and went to another spot with 11 to 13 feet water and caught 14 and lost 6 more. Biggest was 5#12ounces and last fish was 4#4 ounces. I'm getting to old to cast that many times in3-1/2 hours. I did have fun but I wish my Dad felt like going. I might slip back out tomorrow and finish up my quarantine on the water. All the fish were fat and healthy and pulled instead of jumping. 5 pounder destroyed a bass pro shop pro qualifier reel but it was old anyway. I've got 2 new ones on the way of a different brand.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in