YellowMouthFever 2018!! - Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2017, 11:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default YellowMouthFever 2018!!

Attention all Mississippi YMF Anglers

Announcement of Format/Rule Changes for 2018.

1) All trout exceeding 5.99 lbs must be presented to & inspected by a YMF Director within 48 hours of weighing the fish on Official Weighstation Scales. The fish's weight will not be considered official until inspected and accepted by a YMF Director.

2) In efforts to encourage Conservation & live release of larger trout, the following PROGRAM & Format change will be in effect for the 2018 Shootout Category.

-This category will remain as being included in your $25 entry fee. No Additional Cost.

-We will be reducing the Maximum # of trout to count toward an angler's shootout total. The current 5 fish Maximum will be reduced to a 3 Fish Maximum.

-We will be implementing a slot limit for the shootout total. To be eligable to qualify for the Shootout Stringer, only Trout 20"-24" will be scored for the angler's Total Shootout Weight. Trout exceeding 24" will not be scored for the shootout. (ANGLERS STILL MAY WEIGH TROUT THAT EXCEED 24" TO COUNT TOWARD THEIR OVERALL #YMFBigSpeck Standings)

-A *YMF Live Release Club* will be in effect that offers a prize incentive to anglers that release trout alive that exceed 24". Once an angler already has a larger Trout on the board, they will be rewarded for releasing 24" plus Trout (more info on this incentive will be announced at a later date).
**Ex: To qualify for our "YMF LIVE RELEASE CLUB" Anglers will be required to submit a brief video measuring the 24" plus trout and releasing it alive.

Please ask any questions on this post (original post on our Facebook Page), we would love to hear your feedback.

-David Bond/YMF
-Phillip Ladner/YMF
biglouie81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2017, 11:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

You Men are doing a great job with this tourney and I like the new proposed rules. Just as a suggestion - why not have one weekend or maybe two within the tourney dates that are live fish only days. By that I mean fish caught on those days would have to be weighed in and released live for a special prize, maybe a K2 cooler. Sort of a tourney within a tourney. One other suggestion - why not draw a computer generated weight at the end of the tournemant for the K2 exact weight fish. That way more people will weigh in fish and nobody will know who won until the end and it will eliminate any gossip of exact weight manipulation... Like I said just a couple of suggestions to enhance the best tourney on the Coast. Keep up the good work....
Old 05-27-2017, 09:08 AM   #3 (permalink)

I'm really proud of you guys for this move. This tournament has been awesome, and gets better every year. It did hurt my feelings a little to see so many 24" plus fish hitting the scales to try to win the stringer. I think this will reduce the kills and adds some interesting wrinkles to the tourney.

Old 05-27-2017, 12:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
sj

I like wise am very proud of your attempt to save some of the big sow trout that were being sacrificed. Thank you.
Old 05-27-2017, 03:08 PM   #5 (permalink)

I'm glad y'all coming back , I love the friendly competition. I good with whatever new rules y'all decide. I especially like Wild Bill's suggestion on the exact weight prize!
BobbyR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2017, 02:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

Nice job Big Louie on encouraging catch and release as part of the tourney.

I know a lot of people say it's hard to weigh in live trout but it can be done, plus it would be pretty cool to see those big fish swim off.
southern salt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2017, 05:09 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild bill View Post
You Men are doing a great job with this tourney and I like the new proposed rules. Just as a suggestion - why not have one weekend or maybe two within the tourney dates that are live fish only days. By that I mean fish caught on those days would have to be weighed in and released live for a special prize, maybe a K2 cooler. Sort of a tourney within a tourney. One other suggestion - why not draw a computer generated weight at the end of the tournemant for the K2 exact weight fish. That way more people will weigh in fish and nobody will know who won until the end and it will eliminate any gossip of exact weight manipulation... Like I said just a couple of suggestions to enhance the best tourney on the Coast. Keep up the good work....
I agree, and recommended the same during the ymf awards. Live weigh-ins will give back to the type of trout we love to catch, wall-hangers.
Mackadoodle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2017, 08:55 PM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks for the encouragement, we are trying to put together and maintain the BEST trout tournament in Mississippi, we gladly accept any feedback and or criticism from our anglers, without yall we do not have a tournament! See y'all in July and December, post coming soon, have to work the details out! Thanks again!
Old 05-28-2017, 09:00 PM   #9 (permalink)

What if you guys get a special tag made and distribute to the weigh in stations and tag ever trout weighed in alive? Then offer some sort of prize the next year if it's caught?
Shep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2017, 09:45 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shep View Post
What if you guys get a special tag made and distribute to the weigh in stations and tag ever trout weighed in alive? Then offer some sort of prize the next year if it's caught?
That was brought up to me today, we are actually kicking some ideas around! Gotta get bigger and better each year!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in