South Of Cat island structures? - Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2017, 01:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default South Of Cat island structures?

So normally when I get the time to go out on the boat and relax we head over to the wrecks and reefs by the triple rig, but this weekend we are thinking of going more west ( weather permitting ) But I don't know of anything south of cat island except the one they have on the DMR website. we were kind of wanting to find a little deeper area to once again try and catch a few mangroves. Any suggestions? I am not asking for exact locations just an idea of spots that may be out around that way.
We will be in a 19' CC so 60 mile trips are not in the forecast, but we have been know to go 10-15 miles south of the triple rigs on the right day.
Ilockert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2017, 03:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

You go a few miles past cat you will be in the Louisiana marsh, I am not sure of structure out the until you get around chandelier island
biglouie81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2017, 05:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

Like BL said. Not much over that way. Closest mangrove spots i know
Over there are south end of chandy. Buddy of mine pulled a dozen nice
Mangroves off the triple rig a few days ago. Picky picky fish.

Old 08-08-2017, 07:54 PM   #4 (permalink)

Light tackle and chum line kind of fish... really really light tackle. Very line and hook shy.
Grimreaper94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2017, 06:08 AM   #5 (permalink)

Ilockert

Like everyone has mentioned not much structure around Cat island. I run out of Long Beach Harbor often. 5 -6 miles east if Cat you get in the Louisiana marsh. It reminds me of when I lived on the west coast of florida. There are many small sections of land (keys). On any given day you can hit 6-8 of them and locate specks, reds until you cant fish any longer. However it is all shallow water fishing 10- foot or less.
Reelbroke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in