Ever Seen A Rattlesnake? Where? - Page 32 - Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2018, 03:36 AM   #311 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperOps View Post
I was at Camp Shelby back in the late 80s when a work crew killed one of those giant snakes. They had a picture of it on the PX door. The snake was draped around the guy's neck. Both ends of the snake touched the ground. I do not know how long it was, but they said the guy with the snake was over 6 feet tall. It was also rumored that it had 4 inch fangs. Cannot confirm any of that except that I did see the photo at the PX. Every year while training, we would kill at least a half dozen.
I've seen a diamondback that was ran over on a road in Shelby. About 6-8 inches of the head and tail hung over the tail gate of a mid 90s F-150. Head was as big as a softball, and body was bigger than my forearm(I'm a big man 6'4" 350lbs)
joshua99ta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2020, 09:46 PM   #312 (permalink)

My brother sent me this pic from the other day at his camp yard in scott county.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2736(1).jpg (429.4 KB, 40 views)
RiverRampage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2020, 04:44 AM   #313 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRampage View Post
My brother sent me this pic from the other day at his camp yard in scott county.
Wow! I don't think I have heard of any in Scott County. Was it in the extreme southern part?
Stringwacker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2020, 07:30 PM   #314 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringwacker View Post
Wow! I don't think I have heard of any in Scott County. Was it in the extreme southern part?

Few miles south of forest, hwy 501 area. Yea, very uncommon around here. The only other one I've seen was last year in the steele community area.
RiverRampage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2020, 05:54 AM   #315 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRampage View Post
Few miles south of forest, hwy 501 area. Yea, very uncommon around here. The only other one I've seen was last year in the steele community area.
Steele isn't too far from where I live. Never seen one around here (or heard of anyone seeing one). I will likely be surprised one day.
Stringwacker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2020, 10:24 AM   #316 (permalink)
jlt

I live in east central Rankin county and I’ve only known of one around here in my life. A pulp wood hauler ran over him on Shiloh rd about 25 years ago. He was around 5’ if I remember correctly.
jlt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2020, 09:12 PM   #317 (permalink)

Around my place in Amite Co., the are plentiful now. Until 4 years ago, my neighbor has only seen one in the last 35 years. 4 footer taken out last Saturday afternoon.
kenacp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in