New Licenses Sales - Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2010, 05:35 AM   #1 (permalink)

Looking at several threads where people related changes in the season to increased revenue through purchased of a different license. My question is does anybody buy separate licenses and not the sportsman license? And what would be the purpose? I myself hunt deer, fish fresh and saltwater. I say every year I am going to get into small game but have never done it. But either way one license once a year and I am covered for everything (with the obvious exception of ducks which I have no intent to ever hunt).
mulefeathers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2010, 12:15 PM   #2 (permalink)

Unless things have changed, you can buy just a hunting license that just applies to gun season for less money than a sportsman license. I think you can buy all the licenses seperately and still be a little less than a sportsman license (I hate to state things from memory before I check on them for validity)

If anything,when special seasons are shortened it makes it more unlikely that a person will buy a sportsman license so I think the recent PW season changes are a negative rather than a positive in terms of license sales. The only exception might be if an out of state hunter wants to use a firearm later in the year, he might be more inclined to hunt in Mississippi and buy one of those 'big dollar' licenses if he can bring his weapon of choice.

The earlier proposed November PW opener would have been different. It would have encouraged every hunter to buy a sportsman license (rather than the std hunting license)and the early firearm opener would have likely been appealing to many out of state hunters looking to use a firearm. The resulting non-resident license sales in addition the the higher sportsman license sales would have likely been a revenue bonaza to the department. Many suspected that was at least part of the motivation.

Stringwacker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2010, 04:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

I'll eventually go ahead and spend the $1000 on the lifetime license .. it'll save me 2 grand in my lifetime..I can deal with the extra cost of duck stamps also
eatsleephunt00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2010, 07:13 PM   #4 (permalink)

general license is all I buy,it saves money from buying the sportsman license
surehuntsalot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2010, 08:10 PM   #5 (permalink)

I still buy a sportsman license even though I hunt on my own land, The state needs all the money they can get from what I've heard,so whats 33.00 per year to help the MDWFP keep their radio show on with that know-it-all JT.
oldwelder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2010, 04:13 AM   #6 (permalink)

Been buying the sportsmans license since they started it I guess, best deal there is in the sportsman industry in our state!!!!! Gotten too old for the lifetime license to pay off for me!!

rees guide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2010, 04:59 AM   #7 (permalink)

i have always bout the sportman but i dont do nothing but coon hunt i may deer hunt 2 days a year but i have the sportsman just in case i want to do other hunting
wayne jobe (delta nightlife) is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2010, 11:06 AM   #8 (permalink)

I've been buying the sportsman since it came out. I don't always need it but I don't mind helping the mdwfp because in all fairness we do have it pretty good here in Misipi. I enjoy(so does my son)Misipi outdoors and our management areas and lakes are nice!
trapperb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2010, 07:24 AM   #9 (permalink)

mulefeathers- pretty sure the sportsman doesn't include saltwater
Marsh Rat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2010, 08:19 AM   #10 (permalink)

It cost $5 extra to add Saltwater.
mulefeathers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in