WMA Squirrel hunt - Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2019, 07:01 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default WMA Squirrel hunt

Carried 2 buddies from church to a near by wma for a quick round with my dogs. We killed 4 and let 6 more than I can think of get away that we saw. It never ceases to amaze me how well and quick a squirrel can get hid. This is my female Mae Mae. She only made 4 trees but we saw all 4. Mitt, male made at least 15 trees but we could only find 5 or 6. He is usually deadly accurate but the squirrels never came down and he was having trouble pin pointing which tree he was in by winding them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C9C944E2-D920-4965-844C-9B726F1C6C56_1571659041234.jpg (136.4 KB, 47 views)
macpappy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2019, 07:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
kjb

Awesome!!!!

I've been a total of four times. Went to my refuge honey hole the first three and got a limit each time. Went to Sunflower WMA Saturday morning and only got six. Didn't see as many squirrels in Sunflower as I would have liked so maybe the flood did thin them a little. We had a big squirrel cooking at the camp in Holly Bluff. Was a good weekend!
kjb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2019, 07:58 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjb View Post
Awesome!!!!

I've been a total of four times. Went to my refuge honey hole the first three and got a limit each time. Went to Sunflower WMA Saturday morning and only got six. Didn't see as many squirrels in Sunflower as I would have liked so maybe the flood did thin them a little. We had a big squirrel cooking at the camp in Holly Bluff. Was a good weekend!

Sounds like fun.I actually killed these at Hillside. Never ventured off on Sunflower, Delta or Panther. I need to find a few places over there.

Old 10-21-2019, 08:49 AM   #4 (permalink)
kjb

I haven't been to Panther yet. I'm wondering if the squirrel population is down like it seems to be in Sunflower. I live about 5 miles from Hillside. Used to be some good squirrel hunting in there.
kjb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2019, 08:27 PM   #5 (permalink)

Awesome! We got a terrier mix this year, hoping to try her out on squirrel real soon!
bpitt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2019, 10:26 AM   #6 (permalink)

I would really like a squirrel dog. But it would have to come with a divorce lawyer for me to bring it home.
iflyfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2019, 09:58 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iflyfish View Post
I would really like a squirrel dog. But it would have to come with a divorce lawyer for me to bring it home.
Nah, you just have to be slick about it and give her a beautiful 8 week old puppy and say Surprise. She would fall in love and you would have a hunting dog to play with.
Old 11-04-2019, 12:53 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by macpappy View Post
Nah, you just have to be slick about it and give her a beautiful 8 week old puppy and say Surprise. She would fall in love and you would have a hunting dog to play with.
...what he said!
bpitt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2019, 04:14 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by macpappy View Post
LOL.
Tried that with my last “this is the last gun I’ll ever need” gun. I even put her initials on it so I’d be thinking of her when I used it. Didn’t work. Anyway the 4 cats would drive the poor dog nuts.
iflyfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in