Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner

Clover Spraying/Fertilizing

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  jlt 
#1 ·
I planted a couple small [ 1/3 ac] dedicated ladino plots this past fall and I am ready to get out and do something with them. Is there any harm with Spraying them with my Clethodim and immediately fertilizing them?? AS in the SAME DAY.
Time is not always on my side lately!!! LOL
Is this a good time of year to do this??
We are definitely getting plenty of rain!
Jeff

#2 ·
I’m in the same boat but I’m going to wait and fertilize a few weeks after spraying. Dumping fertilizer on grass you’re trying kill doesn’t make a lot of scenes to me. From experience on my place, I know it’ll be ok and grow just fine after spraying and before I can fertilize. Yours may be different.

#11 ·
8 oz per acre which is 2 more oz's than heaviest recommended. I think the surfactant was alligair or something like that. We sprayed almost exactly a month ago.
8oz ought to do it if the grass wasn't too tall. You get much over foot tall and the effectiveness goes down significantly.

Randy, how much nitro surf are you using per gallon, 3 oz??
2-3. I measure relatively cheap stuff with a 16 oz solo cup. lol

Now that IMOX, I only measure stuff that expensive with the little oz measurement on the bottle [laugh]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.