Some of my photos of wildlife - Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2017, 05:43 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Some of my photos of wildlife

Firstly, for some reason, the quality and sharpness of most pics are lower than actual because of size contraints and being jpegs. I had to lower the resolution on them to get them to load onto some programs.

As a kid, I mowed yards to save up and buy a Canon Rebel X with a kit lens. I remember taking my 25 photos and dropping the film canister off at walmart. Those were the old days! I've been wanting to get back into wildlife and landscape photography so last year I bought a little Sony A6000 with a 55-210 mm lens and I have a 18mm-55mm kit lens as well. In layman's terms, the 55-210 is is not one of those giant super telephoto lenses- I have to get pretty close to my subject matter.

Now that I've harvested a decent buck and a meat doe, I am about to start getting back out there and taking some pics. While not world class pics, they are as good as I am right now. Since I got the camera, I've found that getting to within longbow range of wildlife and composing, focusing on the subject and not a tree branch (usually I'm in heavy cover so this means manual focus), and having all the right settings- all the while trying to do this within a few seconds while not being seen- is much harder than shooting a bullet at the critters!

The pictures are large in their size due to the pixel count so I can only upload so many in 1 sitting to photo hosting websites to get it put up on here.

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/...psnw1bmkkr.jpg

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/...psnw1bmkkr.jpg

Last edited by wah97; 01-19-2017 at 05:49 AM.
wah97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2017, 05:46 AM   #2 (permalink)

A few more:

Old 01-19-2017, 06:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

Having a problem viewing most of the photos. Getting a photobucket error of "photo not found".

The photos I can see are nice though! Really like the raptor photos and the shot of that big noggin doe busting out.
deerhunt1988 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2017, 07:19 PM   #4 (permalink)

I see that now. They loaded fine this morning. I hate photobucket, and I am in the process of switching to a new online photo hosting site. That may be the problem.

Oh well, enjoy the kitten pictures while they last (or at least that's what I see)!
Old 01-20-2017, 08:42 AM   #5 (permalink)

all I can see it the Kitten pictures and a couple that actually loaded nice pics from what I could see
irishevox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2017, 05:19 PM   #6 (permalink)

How long did it take to get the skeet shot?
tb27688 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2019, 08:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

Nice pics
brumfieldphotography is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in