Tree Arm - Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2017, 02:54 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Tree Arm

I picked up a Canon Vixia G40 this week and will need to buy a tree arm. Any suggestions? I was looking at the Hawk Hunt Hard arm as they have really good reviews but not set on a particular model. Thanks in advance
fins2furs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2017, 08:44 AM   #2 (permalink)

I have a muddy for my G30 from when i bought it years ago. It's a good solid arm, but more expensive and bulkier than the Hawk looks. Hawk is only 24", but that should be fine in most cases. The muddy requires you to use your own head on it, adding to the bulk.

I like the looks of the Hawk. Just wonder how steady it is. For $70 its worth a shot. I might try one too, as it is same price as an additional muddy base.
sneaker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2017, 12:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

f2f, I bought a tree arm years ago and have never used it. I think it was made by Gorilla. Do you live anywhere close to Southaven?
luckydawg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2017, 12:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckydawg View Post
f2f, I bought a tree arm years ago and have never used it. I think it was made by Gorilla. Do you live anywhere close to Southaven?
I live in east central part of the state and hunt north and south of Vicksburg so travel I 20 back and forth. I may try the hawk for the money it seems like a good start. I can always upgrade if I get into filming. My 1st year to really try with a decent camera.
fins2furs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2017, 09:21 AM   #5 (permalink)

any camera arm will do as long as it has a fluid motion head. also make sure the arm is rated for the weight of your cam. i shoot with a DSLR so with a big lens and external mic i cant buy a bare bones type arm. i use a primos camera arm. bought it 8 years ago and it hasnt failed me yet.
K.D.D.O.Outdoors is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2019, 09:41 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fins2furs View Post
I picked up a Canon Vixia G40 this week and will need to buy a tree arm. Any suggestions? I was looking at the Hawk Hunt Hard arm as they have really good reviews but not set on a particular model. Thanks in advance
I use the new muddy. Im happy with it. They was on sale on amazon for a long time, my buddy just got one about a month ago. Id go with muddy, or the 4th arrow if you got the loot
StrungOut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in