2017 - 8th Annual Turkey Contest Rules - Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2015, 09:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Default 2017 - 8th Annual Turkey Contest Rules

THESE ARE THE RULES

-Only Mississippi birds allowed!!

-We will have three men/women teams.

-Each team is allowed to enter their 4 largest birds.

-If your team has already entered 4 birds and a larger bird is entered, the larger bird will bump the smaller bird out.

-Every bird killed must be scored and posted within 48 hours of the kill.

-To score the birds we will measure his beard x 2 and spurs x 10 (measure the longest hair in the beard but the longest hair is not to exceed a half inch longer than the rest of the beard) If you kill a multiple beard bird we will measure the longest beard x2 and add the lengths of the other beards to the total. All measurements are to be in 1/8 of an inch.

-All measurement's must be taken while beard and spurs are still attached to the birds and you must have a picture of the beard and spurs on the tape measure, if the picture is not clear or looks to have trick photography going on the bird will be thrown out of the contest.

-The tip of the tape measure must be flush with the spur and beginning of the beard. If I can't see the end of the tape measure, the bird will NOT be counted.

-Also in the picture with the beard and spurs must be a piece of paper with your screen name and date on the paper.

-You must also have a picture of just you and your sheet with your screen name and date on it holding your bird and you must smile!!

-In the event that the total scores for 2 teams are tied, we will go to the highest scoring individual bird for each team to determine the winner.

Guy's/Gal's I hope we all have fun with this and do it for years to come. This is on the honor system and everyone is expected to play fair.

The paper with your checkin info on it needs to be in the measurement pics as well.

No bonus points for video.

No need to try to cheat and if you are caught doing so I will make fun of you until the day I die.

If any callmakers or anyone else wants to donate a caller for the winners, send me a PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in