Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner

Quail Hunts

4K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  InshoreSpecial 
#1 ·
Anybody know of any good places, preferably in southern MS, that do quail hunts? I'm not looking to spend $800, either. Just like a half day hunt. Thinking of taking my dad.

#4 ·
Actually, raising quail to hunt is a pretty expensive proposition. They can't rely on native populations (not nearly enough for a pay hunt operation) so they have to raise and release. Getting released quail to actually fly means raising them in very long pens with enough height to allow them to learn to fly. That isn't cheap.

I grew up in the middle of quail plantation country (SW GA). You can easily pay $1000/day for a quality hunt.

#5 ·
And they STILL fly slow and hold unusually well.

Come on up to West Point, MS if you really want to quail hunt. Prairie Wildlife has wild birds galore and you'll probably spend more time trying to figure out how to hit them rather than get your 8 bird per party limit.

It'll only cost you around $4,000 for the day I believe. Hard to put a price on something that can't be found anymore......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.