How "Pay it forward" works - REVISED - Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2012, 04:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

If you see something you would like to claim, respond to the post.

For the folks posting items, please make sure to edit your post and mark items CLAIMED next to the photo of the item as soon as possible so that multiple people aren't claiming the same item. By marking the items next to the picture of the item, members will not have to scroll through all of the follow up posts to see what is and isn't claimed.

Members claiming items are encouraged, but NOT required to post up a return pay it forward item.

The member posting the item has the right to place any conditions on the pay it forward that they wish. For example, must be claimed by a child, must be claimed by a member with at least 40-11 dozen posts, recipient pays shipping or whatever.

If you have any questions, post them here. Thank you for your contributions to other sportsmen
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2012, 02:17 PM   #2 (permalink)

We are not having very much success with people posting up items after they claim an item. How about we have a rule where the claim is pending for 72 hours in which by then the person wanting an item can post an item. If he doesn't post an item then it's up for grabs again.
olemossyhorns is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2012, 05:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

Let's not get ahead of ourselves! I got a kids overalls coming but haven't gotten around to going through my STUFF yet. I will more than make up for it!

I PROMISE!

Old 08-08-2012, 05:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

I would imagine most of the guys who took up someone on an offer either haven't had time to go through their stuff and find something to give away or are waiting to make sure the item they claimed is actually going to be shipped to them.
swamp hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2012, 10:21 AM   #5 (permalink)

Sure seems like the recipient ought to pay for the shipping. I get to thinking about somebody having several items or a larger item getting stuck with shipping when they're already giving something away just don't jibe right. Someone's sending me some coveralls and probably having to pay $6.00 to $10.00 to do so. I'm feeling kinda bad about it like I'm putting somebody out!

Is there already an accepted precedence for this or did lff start this just by being so generous? Do we want to rethink this?

Just wondering!
Old 08-13-2012, 10:29 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Macko
Sure seems like the recipient ought to pay for the shipping. I get to thinking about somebody having several items or a larger item getting stuck with shipping when they're already giving something away just don't jibe right. Someone's sending me some coveralls and probably having to pay $6.00 to $10.00 to do so. I'm feeling kinda bad about it like I'm putting somebody out!

Is there already an accepted precedence for this or did lff start this just by being so generous? Do we want to rethink this?

Just wondering!

I would think that's the pay it forward part also. someone somewhere will pay shipping if the system works.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Macko
Sure seems like the recipient ought to pay for the shipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wldlfpopcntrlxprt
I would think that's the pay it forward part also. someone somewhere will pay shipping if the system works.
The person posting up the item is free to place whatever conditions on the item he/she wants including who pays for shipping.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in