Anybody getting ready? - Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2017, 09:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Anybody getting ready?

The trad board has been quite lately. It's getting that time. Is everybody making sure your setup is fine tuned and ready to go? This will be my first year to carry traditional tackle into the woods. I want to try and hunt exclusively with my recurve all year. Who else is hitting the woods with the stick and string?
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2017, 06:26 AM   #2 (permalink)

I've been shooting my bow and plan on setting up a couple ladder stands this weekend but I won't be doing any hunting this year during bow season. Gotta have surgery on September 27 and will probably be down at least 6 weeks.
kmbrown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2017, 09:28 AM   #3 (permalink)

Best of luck dude and hate to hear that KM, hope you have a speedy recovery. But to answer the question, I am beyond ready. I've been trying to shoot my bow everyday for about 3 weeks now.

Old 08-25-2017, 09:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

Hate to hear tha kmbrown, hopefully you'll have a speedy recover. The deer and hogs in your area can breathe a sigh of relief.. Glad to see someone else is ready Cmane. Hopefully we can keep the board fired up with pictures this season.
Old 08-26-2017, 09:11 PM   #5 (permalink)

I've been ready but will get a late start because of vacation till mid October. Been shooting almost daily the past 2 months and start each session with a cold shot broadhead arrow. Good luck to everyone and let's keep this trad section active during the season.
8uptradhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2017, 04:55 AM   #6 (permalink)

I have pretty much everything ready to go on the equipment side...most of my time now is being spent scouting and working around the camp site. Looks like the year will start with my Black Widow recurve, Gold tips, and Bear Razorheads (vintage)
Stringwacker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2017, 09:43 PM   #7 (permalink)

It's good to see the bull trad crew will be representing this year!
Old 09-29-2017, 12:05 PM   #8 (permalink)

My son and I will be there hiding in a ground blind
bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2017, 08:46 PM   #9 (permalink)

I am ready. The wife and I will be going in the morning. She will be shooting her Northern Mist Baraga Longbow with carbon arrows and Bear razor heads. I am using Pronghorn Longbow with Heritage shafts, Simmons Tigershark heads. I have been doing a lot of scouting the last several weeks. Nothing looks real good, but it will be a blessing to be in the woods.

Kevin; hang tough brother. You will be hunting before you know it. Hopefully we can make a hunt together this year, I am planning on it. Get well soon!!!!

God bless.
Matt Steed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in