Working on form - Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2018, 02:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Working on form

After the Pre Spring Arrow Fling I knew I needed to buckle down and work on my form. The first 10 targets gave me the blues! So I had seen Arne Moes rotational draw method mentioned here and tradgang so I watched it and It really helped me. I had watched it before but it really clicked for me this time. I feel like drawing past the anchor and then settling into it makes it more repeatable. Anybody else use this method?
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2018, 05:53 PM   #2 (permalink)

I started using it several years ago and it helped me a lot. I was using way too much arm in my draw cycle. I don't really draw past my anchor and come back though. I also like Jimmy Blackmon's (spelling?) videos on youtube as well. His explanation about coming to full draw and expanding the chest before the shot really clicked with me. I believe he compared it to shutting a door with your draw arm elbow. Lots of good stuff out there.
Old 03-01-2018, 06:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmane08 View Post
I started using it several years ago and it helped me a lot. I was using way too much arm in my draw cycle. I don't really draw past my anchor and come back though. I also like Jimmy Blackmon's (spelling?) videos on youtube as well. His explanation about coming to full draw and expanding the chest before the shot really clicked with me. I believe he compared it to shutting a door with your draw arm elbow. Lots of good stuff out there.
Do you shoot instinctive? Is Jimmy Blackmon for shooters who aim, shoot instinctive shooters, or both?

Old 03-01-2018, 06:20 PM   #4 (permalink)

Yes I shoot instinctive and split finger. I think he has a lot of videos explaining how to shoot gap (aim) but some of his older ones he talked about draw cycle in general. I learned a lot from the shooters form forum over on trad gang too.
Old 03-01-2018, 08:17 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmane08 View Post
Yes I shoot instinctive and split finger. I think he has a lot of videos explaining how to shoot gap (aim) but some of his older ones he talked about draw cycle in general. I learned a lot from the shooters form forum over on trad gang too.
Ok thanks for the suggestion. Iíll look into it. I spend some time on the shooters forum on Tradgang. I definitely want to stick to instinctive, it just makes it more fun for me. It seems all of the popular up and coming guys in the community are gapping, crawling or a hybrid of both. I need to find some instinctive shooters that make videos, podcasts, etc.
Old 03-05-2018, 07:17 AM   #6 (permalink)

I am far from knowing what I am doing but that is how I draw. I settle and lock my back muscles in better and always anchor at my full draw length. I have not been shooting very long but when I started I tried different ways and the rotational draw is the best for me.
RAZORSHARP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in