October Tradtional Buck - Page 2 - Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2019, 12:34 PM   #11 (permalink)

I guess I'm on a roll. Three shots...a mule deer, a spike, and this morning's doe. I'm liking these wood arrows!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg October Doe-2.jpg (399.8 KB, 40 views)
Stringwacker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2019, 07:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
Tjc

You are definitely on a roll!! Congrats. Way to get it done
Tjc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2019, 08:05 PM   #13 (permalink)

There goes my good deal on some wood arrows. I guess I better see what Kustom King has since Mark won't be in the selling mood. I broke two shooting thru deer in the past couple weeks and the box is low. Love that cedar smell. Good going Mark. You are a dying breed. When is a story coming.
mature8pointer is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2019, 09:11 PM   #14 (permalink)

A killer is gonna kill! Great job String!
Rancher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2019, 05:35 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mature8pointer View Post
There goes my good deal on some wood arrows. I guess I better see what Kustom King has since Mark won't be in the selling mood. I broke two shooting thru deer in the past couple weeks and the box is low. Love that cedar smell. Good going Mark. You are a dying breed. When is a story coming.

Good to see you posting Michael! I think you know I used to shoot wood a great deal in the past; but I always thought anything else was better. However, there are some qualities in wood that aren't duplicated in aluminum or carbon.

Other than the story I posted on the archery forum about our Colorado hunt, I'm probably holding off on stories until I'm fortunate enough (maybe) to take a good buck this year.

I'm finding my new retirement more enjoyable than I would have ever thought. The freedom of "everyday being Saturday" allows for so much more in the latitude of how much and when I can hunt.

Last edited by Stringwacker; 10-22-2019 at 09:13 AM.
Old 10-22-2019, 05:18 PM   #16 (permalink)

Congrats on a great start. I have no doubt we will get a buck story before the year ends. Congrats again on the retirement.
canebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2019, 01:45 PM   #17 (permalink)

WOW! OF COURSE post every deer you harvest with traditional equipment! That spike took WAY more skill than shooting a 10-pt with a 7mag over a food plot (NO OFFENSE to that way of hunting!). It inspires me SO MUCH, because for 2-3 years I've been seriously considering putting the compound away and going with a recurve or long bow. I love to hunt from the ground, and a handy trad bow, shooting instinctive can be so much faster than a compound, pins, and a peep site - not to mention how much easier to maneuver around the woods!

Congrats Stringwacker, and keep the pics coming!
jakesnake66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2019, 07:59 PM   #18 (permalink)

jakesnake66, Thanks for the kind words and post. Any time you want to take the plunge on the traditional side of bowhunting, I'm here to help!

It's something that I have been doing for decades and it never gets old to me...due to the fact that you never really master it. It's always something new to experience and learn and that keeps it interesting...
Old 11-07-2019, 01:44 PM   #19 (permalink)

Congrats Mark! Also for the comment above, Mark helped me get back started in Traditional . I gave it up years ago because I had no idea how to get a bow and arrow tuned. He knows what he is doing!
RAZORSHARP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in